So here is the 2011 edition of the Top 10 reasons why working from home in the summer is nearly impossible. I keep thinking that the kids are older and will be aware that when I am on a call, passing notes to me is just as distracting as trying to talk to me...HELLO, do you not know I have ADHD? I keep explaining to them, now that they are 10 and 12, that it takes me more time to get my work done when they interrupt me asking when I'll be done so "unless you are profusely bleeding, there is a fire in the house, or one of you is unconscious, DO NOT INTERRUPT ME WHEN I AM IN MY OFFICE!" I am distracted enough by things shinier than the excel spreadsheet I need to create or email responses I need to get to.
Ok, now that I got that off my chest here goes:
Top 10 reasons why working from home in the summer is nearly impossible:
10. Neighbors mowing and weed whacking
9. Texts from friends wanting to play
8. Treasure hunting at garage sales
7. Analyzing neighbor cat's neurological disorder from out my office window
6. Taking drastic action against rhododendrons so my grass will grow
5. Now that I can see the mailbox (since taking drastic action against rhodies), watching for mail to come. Will there be a check?
4. Checking weather to see if summer will EVER come to Seattle
3. Grocery shopping, grocery shopping and more grocery shopping
2. Creating new ReCaptivation Art (from yard sale finds)
and the number one reason why working from home in the summer is nearly impossible?
1. Kid interruptions..."Yes, I really would rather be playing Apples to Apples."